Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Federal Court Rebuffed *Ashcroft* about wiretaps (in 8/2002!) -- updated

Tue Dec 20, 2005 at 01:29:57 AM PDT

One of Bush's mottos:  If at first you don't succeed, try, try, again...

I imagine if DailyKos existed back then (I have no idea), this has been diaried before, but perhaps it might be useful to bring it up again...

This diary on the recommended list about Bush's blatant lies regarding wiretapping and FISA jogged my memory about an article I read way back in August of 2002 that is eerily relevant today.  I didn't remember where I read it, but I dug out the headline I'd bookmarked from MSNBC on 8/23/2002 of "Secret Federal Court Rebuffs Ashcroft".  The original link was http://www.msnbc.com/news/798009.asp?cp1=1, but that no longer works (and I couldn't find a working version of it in web archives either).  But a little more digging turned up the fact that it was in the Washington Post.  I found a still-intact copy of this article here:  Secret Court Rebuffs Ashcroft.  Justice Dept. Chided On Misinformation.

Take the jump to go back in time and see how we got where we are today...

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home