Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I am at my wits end......

and I'm not gonna take it anymore!

There was once a holy man, it matters not from which tradition, who said something along these lines;

I am the 13 year old girl who gets raped.
I am the rapist.

I am the woman horribly murdered in the street,
I am the murderer.

....on and on it goes, like this, until one understands that we are all all these things, at least, potentially.

I would like to take it much further and make it more mine and more up to date. (I imagine I have the guru's blessing, as long as I don't get too carried away.)

I am the Hawk,
I am the wind under the hawks wings.

I am the Eagle,
I am the rodent in it's beak.

I am also the tiny defenseless baby Eagles, for whom the rodent will be dinner

I am Osama bin Laden and I am George W. Bush.

I am the King and the Court Jester.

I am Cindy Sheehan and I am the grieving Iraqi mother of a child lost to bombs bursting in air.

Yes, and I am Donald Rumsfeld and the rest of the Vulcans or NeoCons, it matters not.

I am the son of the Sultan and the daughter of the fundamentalist preacher.

All ideas of separation are illusion.

Opposites do not really exist, except for Love and Fear, and even those two are not so much opposites, but fear calling out to love.

I am a Republican,
I am a Democrat.

I am a Green, an Independent, a what-the-hell-ever!

Still, the meaning is the same.

When we understand that there are really no degrees of separation, we have to change.

We really have no choice.

What you have done unto another, you have already done unto yourself.

Mean-spirited judgment?

False love, used to manipulate others?

A lying spirit; deceiving through your very being, as you have first deceived yourself.

Envy and Jealousy to the point of deeming it appropriate to take unto yourself or assume that which does not belong to you.

Greed, perhaps, not just with money, but with information that you hope will give you power over others.

Fear...oh, yes FEAR! Fear to do what you know is right, even if it means losing everything, and worse yet, allowing your own fear to drive you to fear-mongering. Fear is the worst enemy of the human spirit. To intentionally cause it, is to do evil's work. It is the worst kind of evil, as it is the foundation upon which all other "sins" are built.

To be continued in the days to come............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home